Continence Care

Continence care - The Care Team

Continence Care by The Care Team

The care team offer a full range of continence care for people of all ages, our range includes: –

  • Incontinence pads
    • Inserts (‘liners’ or ‘shields’)
    • All-in-ones (diapers)
    • Pants with built-in pad (pull-ups)
  • Male incontinence pants
  • Female incontinence pants
  • Bed protection
  • Protective chair pads
  • Car seat protection

To find our more about our range of incontinence products call us on 0161 746 7566  or visit us at The Care Team in Urmston.

The Care Team
53a Higher Rd
M41 9AP

Continence Care Products

Where do I get help for incontinence?

If you have incontinence, don’t be embarrassed about getting medical help. The symptoms can be improved, and sometimes cured, with simple methods.

Research has shown that about 45% of all people with incontinence wait at least five years before they get help, often due to stigma or embarrassment.  Tackling your incontinence issue can quickly improve your quality of life.

You should get help if you’ve had incontinence problems for more than a few weeks to rule out conditions such as diabetes.

Incontinence help from your GP

Your GP can assess whether you have incontinence and decide which type of incontinence you have. They can also:

If lifestyle changes and treatments don’t solve the problem, your GP can refer you to a continence adviser or specialist.

Continence clinics

Continence clinics can be based in a hospital or in the community, often attached to a health centre. They have specialist teams providing support and medical advice for people with bladder or bowel incontinence.

Speak to your GP about where your local Continence Clinic is.

Continence advisers and the incontinence physiotherapists who work alongside them, are particularly good at teaching pelvic floor exercises to women with sudden leaks (stress incontinence).

For women with regular urges to use the toilet (urge incontinence), they can provide bladder training.

They can also supply pelvic floor-strengthening devices – such as vaginal cones, and continence pads and products – and explain how to use them.

Hospital Incontinence Specialists

If the help offered by your GP or local continence clinic doesn’t meet your needs, you can be referred to a hospital urologist or urogynaecologist for tests and possible incontinence surgery.

If you have bowel incontinence, you may be referred to a colorectal surgeon or gastroenterologist.

Call us